Thursday, September 26, 2013

Joey: 24 Months

Joey is 2! Our 24 month bundle of joy is weighing in at 22 pounds, 10 ounces and is 32.5 inches long. He's a little guy, but the doctor assures me he's growing right on track of his own curve and is healthy.

So a lot of the normal things haven't really changed in the past month (eating habits, sleeping habits, etc.), so I thought I'd talk about some of the other things this month.

Joey loves the animals! He's constantly looking for the cats or the dog, calling them over by saying "Come here!" or loving on them. He calls Sam by either "Doggy" or "Sam," Jackson by either "Kitty," "Boo" or "Jackson" and Abby by either "Kitty," "Abby" or "Zabba."

Our little talker loves to count - counting to ten. He loves to count trees with me each night on the way home from daycare.

Joey has started to say "Yes." When I ask him a question, he will answer yes and truly mean it. Like: "Do you want some water?" "Are you hungry?" "Did you go poo poo?" It may not seem like much, but I think it's a big deal. It easier to carry on a real conversation with him. I also feel like he understands what I'm saying to him a lot more. I can ask him a question or tell him what we're going to do and he seems to understand me a lot more.

Joey has started to say a lot more words like: Grandma, shovel, bucket, door, truck, snack, cookie, cracker, popcorn, TV, monkey, brush, phone, tree, flower, Mickey Mouse. He loves to talk! And when he doesn't know what something is, he asks and then will mimic what I say. He's stringing words together into sentences and is up to four or five words in a sentence.

Joey loves to dance and jump. He lives to play outside and enjoys going bye bye. He loves blankets. Whenever we sit on the couch, he has to have a blanket on (even if it's 110* outside), and he shares. He'll ask "Do you want blanket?" and will put the blanket on you regardless of whether you want it on you or not.

He's a complete boy. Anything that's trucks, balls, water guns or tools, he is a fan of. He's rough and loves to wrestle and roll around. If I'm lucky, I get a kiss every now and then - although it's mostly sticking his face on my mouth and then moving on.

So, here's this month's photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment