Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Weekend

We have had a very busy Memorial weekend! I'd like to start off by wishing everyone a Happy Memorial Day and giving a big thank you to those who are serving or have served our country. I am enjoying my Monday off work and thought this was a great opportunity to blog while watching Regis & Kelly (guilty pleasure).

Memorial weekend has always been a favorite of mine. There's something about the unofficial kick-off to the summer that has always been exciting to me. Growing up in Iowa, this weekend ususally had at least one day of rain, wind and cold but would turn into a nice weekend - most of the time. In Texas, we are enjoying 90* temps with high humidity. I guess you can't have it all. =)

We kicked the weekend off with a wedding on Saturday night. We had a great time and this was a perfect excuse for me to sneak a picture of Joe in for his debut. You can also get a small glimpse of my growing baby bump.


Sunday was a little more low key, but it was also my birthday. I turned 29 on the 29th. =) I spent the day getting a jump start on cleaning out the nursery while Joe worked. We celebrated my birthday together Friday night, but went out for another dinner Sunday. Joe got me a Sony Bloggie (handheld video camera) so get ready for video posts, especially after the baby arrives! Joe also recevied a "gift." He had the opportunity to feel the baby kick for the first time!

Today, perhaps a neighborhood BBQ, some relaxing and a little shopping. I just love 3-day weekends, especially when it transitions to a 4-day work week.

This week was an exciting baby week for us. We found out the gender on Tuesday, I felt the baby kick for the first time on Thursday (and Joe felt it on Sunday). We also selected the nursery bedding and the overall theme. Here's a sneak peak:



I found a lamp and wall decor piece that coordinated perfectly and had to pick them up. I'm trying not to go too crazy to quickly, which is a hard thing to do!

Next weekend we are headed to East Texas for Canton Trade Days (the largest flea market in the area) and will be able to spend time with Joe's parents in the process. The goal is to find some super cute stuff for the nursery. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. You both look gorgeous--I love the baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The theme is so cute can't wait to start picking things up. You both look so adorable and happy. Mom

    ReplyDelete